Need help with preamp choice...

Narrowed down to Audio Mirror T-61, Tube Audio Design TAD-150, and Sonic Frontiers SF1 Signature. Which is the best?
Anything outclassing them in their price range (used)? Thanks!
pmboyd
True, Photon-46, but I have so many components as potential mates, it's difficult to pinpoint the context. However, for the sake of argument, let's say the preamp could mate with a TAD-60 tube amp or a Portal Panache SS integrated. I'm looking for a preamp with a remote, minimal inputs OK, just good dynamic, extended, detailed, balanced but characteristically full rich tube sound.
PS. My budget is up to 1K. Compact/small footprint is a plus for me too. AES/Cary?
PPS. I listen primary to acoustic music. Flabby bass is particularly intolerable.
If you want "full rich tube sound" stay away from the Sonic Frontiers. Their preamps are noted to be particularly "untubey" in review after review. That said, they are a classy product and still well supported for any needed repairs. Unfortunately, you're going to be really limited by insisting on remote capability. I understand, having a remote preamp myself now, I like not having to get off my bum to change things. You're going to need to settle on what sort of amp you want to make an informed decision. If you end up going with a tubed power amp, you don't need a tube preamp to get tube virtues in your system. A solid state preamp/tube power amp is a potentially felicitous combination. You also need to pay attention to impedance and gain compatibility. Too much gain from the preamp is a common problem. You can get around that problem with Rothwell attenuators though. Check out Carys' less expensive line AES. The AE3-DJH has a small footprint, remote control and the classic tube sound. That might the ticket. Were it not for the fact that it lacks a remote, the Eastern Electric Minimax sounds like your kind of preamp soundwise.
Thanks for the input, Photon. OK. Let's say the TAD-60 tube amp. What preamp would you be inclined to mate with it? I don't HAVE to have a remote; it's just that I've gotten used to one -- not having to jump up, for instance, when I'm on the phone which is a lot. Depth, detail, dynamics, quiet, accurate placement in a spacious soundtage are musts, more so than convenience featurs.