Need help with preamp choice...

Narrowed down to Audio Mirror T-61, Tube Audio Design TAD-150, and Sonic Frontiers SF1 Signature. Which is the best?
Anything outclassing them in their price range (used)? Thanks!
pmboyd
Tweak1, the PS Audio gain cell stuff is going to be above the stated budget. All the ones Pmboyd lists can be had for $1k or less these days. However, the previous generation PS Audio PCA preamp can be had for around $800 and I'd seriously consider that one. The PCA has a lot of flexibilty and is a very good preamp for the price. PmBoyd, you can't expect a useful response to a question like "what's the best." It's "what's the best for me in the context of my system and preferences," and that's a hard question to answer with out more info than you give us. How well a given preamp works with the rest of your components, synergy, is what you seek. At used prices, Wright Sound, Eastern Electric, Usher, Aloia, Cary, Electrocompaniet, Music Reference, and many more make preamps competitive with or exceeding the quality of those you've listed.
MapleTree Audio (MAD) preamps are very musical for the price.

Happy Listening
True, Photon-46, but I have so many components as potential mates, it's difficult to pinpoint the context. However, for the sake of argument, let's say the preamp could mate with a TAD-60 tube amp or a Portal Panache SS integrated. I'm looking for a preamp with a remote, minimal inputs OK, just good dynamic, extended, detailed, balanced but characteristically full rich tube sound.
PS. My budget is up to 1K. Compact/small footprint is a plus for me too. AES/Cary?
PPS. I listen primary to acoustic music. Flabby bass is particularly intolerable.