wright sound company, step up wmt100

Good Day,

anyone try this step up on preamp, who could gave me his comment?

plan to buy one for my vintage amp and use it with DL103R or other moving coil low output?

thanks for any info you could provide

regards
Chris
jazzbeq
Jazzbeq, I'm curious if you bought the Wright WMT100? What are you using for a phono pre? I'm keenly interested in the Wright Sound WPP200C and will need a step up for my DL-103R. Any info would be appreciated! -Mark
I have it and enjoy it immensely, with the Wright WPP100 and a Sound-Smith rebuilt Denon DL103. For me the sound benefits substantially when matching the SUT load to the cartridge, by adding resistors via Y connectors on the input of the SUT.

Jim
Jim, I just picked up a WPP100 and I'm using it without a step-up. Even before the needle hits the vinyl, I hear more hiss than what I think is normal. It sounds like low level radio static -- as though I have a tuner keyed into an empty station. When the needle hits the vinyl, the noise is overtaken by music, but I can hear it inbetween songs and during soft passages. FWIW, I'm using a Denon DL-103R, but the noise is present even without the turntable connected.

Could this phono stage be noisy without a step-up? Would you mind pulling your step-up out of your system and letting me know if you hear the same thing? I'd really appreciate that.

Thanks!
Mark