Amplifiers for Talon Hawk monitors

Hi All,

I've been using a Levinson 23.5 amp with my Talon Hawks and just wondered if anyone had experience of a better ss amp match. I've also used expensive Audio Research, Plinius and Conrad Johnson amps with them and did not appreciate the match.

I've heard some good things about Edge and Halcro but would really appreciate any views and information about their actual or potential performance with the Talons.

Many thanks
dgob
Dgob,

I would try to audition a Halcro MC20. It has the lowest noise floor of any amp I have ever heard. It's very dynamic and has loads of power. It took about 6 weeks to burn in, but now it sounds very very good. (it was thin at first, not very enjoyable, I almost sent it back). I have three other audiophile friends that felt the same way at first, but now all three of us are very impressed with this amp.

I can't comment about it being paired with any totem speakers but I did hear it with Merlins, James, Intuitive Design and NHT and it drove them all with out a sweat.
Dear All,

A somewhat belated "thank you" for your informed suggestions and kind help. I've now auditioned fairly widely and will stick to the 23.5, until I find something that works better (for my hearing and expectations). Any additional suggestions will therefore still be appreciated.
I heard the Talon Thunderhawks matched with VAC gear at ces and it was nothing short of stunning.