Musical Design 140i Preamp suggestions?

Any thoughts or experince with pairing a musical design 140i and a preamp? I'd like to keep the buget sub $1000 ( if possible :) i'v been leaning towards a tubed pre ( really like that tube sound ) Acoustic research ls2? i'v read good reviews...it's hard for me to audition anyting due to the fact i'm so far away from any hi-fi store. Just new to this hobby..Any help would be appreactated! I'm running a pair of 602 s3's
habsrock93
Ok, thanks for the responses! I'll just have to hold off till one comes availible. I'm glad you guys suggested it, i would have ended up buying a different one, which probebly wouldn't have match as well

Thanks!

Dave
There is a Conrad Johnson PV-11 with phono here for $750. I have both the CJ and the Musical Design SP-2B. They both are great preamps for the money. The CJ has a phono and the Musical Design does not. If you purchase either unit make sure you retube them. CJ charges $150 for tubes and Musical Design charges about $100 for their newest tubes. The new tube that John Hillig at Musical Design found are simply awesome. The best $100 I've ever spent. Jim