NHT 2.9s - what amp is for me w/small/med budget?

Hi,

I have a pair of NHT 2.9s that sound great when connected to a good amp. Recently I borrowed a Pass Aleph 30 from a friend and they sound very good with that amp, but could possibly use more power.

Any ideas on what might be a good match for these speakers?

Thanks - Jay
jaymd1976
Get a Rotel RB-991 or the newer RB-1080. Each has 200 watts per side. These will drive them quite well and they are alot of amp for the dollar.
Thanks - I like the idea of biamping. hmm, i'll look into the SA3, which I'm not familiar with. I guess though with the biamping you need to get some sort of control for the bass and treble. I'll have to investigate how that is best done.
Correct budgets are relative - I would like to see if I can find an amp for under 2K. Then I would still need to get a pre-amp. But I do like the idea of biamping. I think these speakers would benefit from that. They seem to be power hungry. Thanks.
Haven't heard the Rotel RB-991, but will look into that. Power sounds plenty for the NHTs. Thanks.
I have the 2.5i's and have found that a quality 50 watt integrated bested a 140 watt bi-amp configuration. Audition an Audio Refinement Complete if you get the chance. A little Creek or Music Hall may also work well. At low volumes an inexpensive tube amp from Jolida sounds wonderful. If you have a little bigger budget try a YBA integrated.

If you want to bi-amp you need no special active crossover or anything. All of that is built into the crossover of the speaker.

Good luck!