Machina Dynamic Brilliant Pebbles?

From the same company that offers the "Clever little clock" tweak.

Check them out in today's auctions...

Anybody have experience with any of this company's products?
metro04
Tgb - just wanted to mention, esp. as you apparently have not found the pebbles to be particularly effective in your setup, that all cooton and rubber seals should be removed from the bottles prior to placing them in the room/system; These materials are strictly for shipping.

In addition, as I don't recollect actually selling the Bottles (directly) to you (I could be mistaken on that point and please correct me if I'm wrong), you may not have the complete instructions/suggestions for use that I provide to customers. If this is the case, you might be interested to know that an especially effective location for one of the large or medium size bottles is on top of the Transport or Player directly over the spindle of the transport.

Cheers - GK
Geoffkait,

Tbg said
I bought these second hand having not heard a demonstration.

Regards,
O.K. guys, here's the explanation to why they work:

The pebbles have both a mass and resonance structure that will affect some components sound, believe it or not. Are they "brilliant"...uh, NO!! not in my opinion.

Here's a much more effective solution that tweakers should consider doing instead of spending such a rediculous amount of money on some pretty looking pebbles in a jar. (Please note: my suggestion does not look as colorful though).

- If you place varying amounts of weight on any component, whether it be brass weights, baggies of sand, lead or even a bag of marbles or steelies you will hear a slight change in the soundstucture (provided your system is capable of conveying such mass add changes). I strongly suggest that tweakers should just buy 20 lbs of sand at their local home depot and 100 small zip lock baggies for a grand total of $12. It won't look as good, but you'll have enough variations in your "custom fill able resonance changing devices" to enhance your system (along with enough sand and zip lock bags left over for another 20 audiophile friends too!

BTW: I found that my CD transport likes 8 lbs of sand, my pre-amp none, my D/A converter power supply 5 lbs and my cat 14 lbs. (The first true are actually true, the damn cat still wants the "good smelling" real litter though. ARGH! Perhaps my cat is a "High End Litterphile"?
Geoffkait, you are right I did not buy directly from you. I have removed the rubber rings. What is the relative effectiveness of having them in the corners as they were demonstrated at CES relative to on the transport?
Tbg - Hi, the Large size are intended primarily for room corners and on top of tube traps and output transformers of tube amps.

The next smaller size (what I call the "Mini") is intended for top of transport/player, top of turntable armboard, top of DAC, and other somewhat unpredictable locations.

Some customers have had very (I mean very) good results w/ the Large size on top of transport/player, even tho Mini is recommended.

All sizes of bottles seem to be pretty room and system dependent in terms of degree of effectiveness. At CES last year we had "Mini" on SACD player and Large bottles in all four corners.

If you recently removed the rubber seals you might have noticed how much more open the sound became w/o the rubber seals. Also, it is unpredictable which two corners respond best to the bottles, sometimes the two behind speakers, in other rooms the two behind the listener. In many cases results in corners are big. Big big.