Recent cd players w/ analog output/volume control

I'm looking for a moderately (no more than about $1500 new or used) to inexpensively priced cd player that has a volume control with variable analog output allowing direct connection to an amp. So far, my research has revealed a relatively small handful of such cd players, most of which are older and/or discontinued. Does anyone know of any present or recent players having this capability? Thanks to any or all.
opus88
Zd542: Good question. Frankly, I'm not really sure. Maybe it's my ignorance regarding some sort of lingering prejudice about "digital artifacts". What do you expect from an old, dyed-in-the-wool analog fan ;-)?
Is there a basic Oppo cd player(without video functions)that might have what I'm looking for?
I think this will go a lot easier if you give more info on your system. One thing you need to be very careful of if you decide to not use an active line stage are gain issues. Without a line stage to act as a buffer between an amp and sources, it easy to get gain related hiss or noise. Especially if you have very efficient speakers.
I have monoblock amps with their own volume controls. Speakers are 91db. Previously had the old Marantz 63 Special Edition cd player with volume control & analog output connected with no gain issues.
No Oppo player that I know of has variable out. let alone a volume knob. Maybe, it might be easier to find a Passive volume control unit. You could use a headphone amp with a passive input for volume control.