Which has a greater effect on music,int.amp or CD?

Excluding speakers and IC's, which does for pairing purposes? For example, if I like warmer sound but with detail (like some rock), do I go with a warm, musical cd player or integrated? Both be too warm? I have been thinking about the following possible combos, any experience or thoughts:

Arcam Diva A75 Int. OR
Audio Refinement Complete Int.

with

Arcam CD72T CD OR
Audio Refinement Complete CD OR
Ah! Tjoeb 4000 CD

I have heard the Arcam's together, too dynamic for me. Will be hearing the ARC's this weekend in NY.

I was thinking the Arcam int. with the ARC CD or Ah!, OR
the ARC int. with the Arcam CD.

Speakers to follow. (PS, right now for speakers I have Sound Dynamics RTS-3's and Paradigm 5SEMK3 floors.)

Thnx.
mattybumpkin
HD- the 'truth' of the recording can turn in to lies by the time the speakers get a hold of the signal. Ever play the game, telephone? It is more complicated than this (as in this thread), but good components lie less than bad ones. Good components play telephone better.

It may have been a bad idea to post this. I am not debating.
Just a follow up post. Went to NY (Mt. Kisco)today and listened to the ARC integrated and CD w/Hot Rod Kestrals. The ARC's are VERY well built and had a nice smooth sound (a la Kestrals) with Krall, Merchant, etc. However, it didnt do it with rock. With my "From the Cradle" CD from Clapton, It sounded like there was a veil on the music, that I was in the nose bleed seats. With Creed too (yes, I do.) Important find for me out of all of this is that it seems I like more neutral sounding music than I first thought. So, I guess another look at Arcam, Creek, Cambridge, Rotel etc.

One final note, if demoing call and make sure that the dealer you are going to in fact has the brand name you are interested in. The dealer I went to listed YBA in their most recent ad in Stereophile but when asked they said they didnt carry anymore. This is the second dealer I have come across with this issue. Anyway, thank you all for your above comments. On with the hunt....
How about a used Sony SCD-777ES or DVP-S9000ES and a used Manley Stingray integrated. The Sony players are solid in the bass, have SACD capability, very good redbook, and numerous options for modding. Used prices range from $650 for the 9000, to $1500 for the 777. The Manley Stingray is a tube unit that may soften the digital artifacts and provide excellent reproduction, and looks real cool, too. Rated at 50wpc. I've seen used ones for $1199.