Which has a greater effect on music,int.amp or CD?

Excluding speakers and IC's, which does for pairing purposes? For example, if I like warmer sound but with detail (like some rock), do I go with a warm, musical cd player or integrated? Both be too warm? I have been thinking about the following possible combos, any experience or thoughts:

Arcam Diva A75 Int. OR
Audio Refinement Complete Int.

with

Arcam CD72T CD OR
Audio Refinement Complete CD OR
Ah! Tjoeb 4000 CD

I have heard the Arcam's together, too dynamic for me. Will be hearing the ARC's this weekend in NY.

I was thinking the Arcam int. with the ARC CD or Ah!, OR
the ARC int. with the Arcam CD.

Speakers to follow. (PS, right now for speakers I have Sound Dynamics RTS-3's and Paradigm 5SEMK3 floors.)

Thnx.
mattybumpkin
I guess I just wasted all that money buying my high-dollar analog rig and OTL amp setup. If I had only known that getting a CD Walkman, a Technics receiver, and a pair of Sound Labs U-1 would have sounded better, I could have saved myself alot of trouble. ;^)
Thanks, Homedesign, for a newbie you sure are a know-it-all. After you've been doing this for 30 years, come back and talk to me some more.
What does "warm" mean? Is it an absence of detail, an absence of high frequencies, or something else? It seems to me that "warm" and "detailed" are opposites. Joel
Ohlala, I heard the Arcam 72T w/ Diva A75, as well as the 92T w/ the Diva A85, both through Acoustic Energy Floorstanders. I have also heard the 92T/A85 with Vandersteen 2CE's. To me, they sounded to much "in my face", more detail and forwardness than I like. My comparison would be to the Creek 5350SE, 4330r MK2 and Classe CAP-101, all with the Creek CD53, all through B&W CDM 1NT's. I preferred the much more laid back, musical and warm sound I heard with the Creek, and especially the Classe. While it really isn't a fair comparison due to different reference equipment, my listening experience was much more enjoyable with the latter equipment. Especially since I listened to the Creek/Classe at Spearit Sound, Dick, Chris and those guys are the greatest. If at all possible, I want to do business with them, I have never had such a enjoyable experience.
Add on to my original thread:

Would the AR Complete integrated and CD be too much together (towards warm and musical and thus lose detail I want) or since they are made by same company, I am assuming they are made for a synergistic match, and thus be OK.

I know my ears shall decide but was wondering if anybody (ARC owners)can comment based on experience.
From all my years as an audiophoole I have found that my system is as good as it's weakest link. It has always been the case. I have changed my ideas along the way a little. Everything being almost equal (if that is possible, who knows?) I would prefer to put my money into a killer CD player. You can't reproduce something that's not there. I know all the other counter raps. This is just my humble opinion this year. By the way: If you got an Audio Aero Prima Cd player, you probably would start the ball rolling to replace much of your system. Be carefeul what you wish for: you might get it. This is the nature of this great hobby.