Anyone Using XM or Sirius On Their System?

Anyone using Sirius or XM satellite radio on their system? If so, how does the sound compare to FM radio?

thanks......mitch
128x128mitch4t
Hi Mitch...
In my system, FM reigns as champion. I have Sirius radio set up in my main system. It sounds good, but due to the Sirius receiver being pretty much a "mid-fi" component, it's sonic performance is hindered. I own a vintage Kenwood 600T FM tuner that delivers a better soundstage and a more musical presentation. The signal sounds less compressed and is less fatiging. Hopefully, XM and Sirius will upgrade their products in the very near future. I listen to both of these sources alot and enjoy them greatly as they both offer such a good variety of music.

Enjoy.....
how about using a tube D/A converter or a Musical Fidelity X-D tube buffer? That would probably improve the sound. My friend has a Kenwood home recvr for Sirius and it has an optical digital output.
XM sound quality is mediocre. Compressed and rolled-off in the HF. I find it difficult to listen to. Also, the announcers/DJs are unnecessary and annoying. It's going back this week.

FM and DMX are superior.

Kal
I have listened extensively to both in my system. XM seems to have mor band width and be less mid-fi. XM also has a larger play list. Sirius is more compressed and sounds closer to an mp3 download. It doesn't make much difference in the car, but it's very noticeable when doing critical listening. Each also offers some very different program choices, but imho XM is clearly better sonically.