What is a good tube tester and where can I buy one

I am currently looking for a tube tester, but I have no idea which are the reliable and dependable ones, and where can I buy them?
thanks
umaasa
Among the "favorites" are the TV/7, the various Hickok models, And the AVO. I have a TV/7 B model which some consider the industry standard. It is fairly easy to use. You should be able to pick one up for $300 to $450, depending on cosmetics.

My favorite is the Hickok 752A, which is large, extremely easy to use, and preforms most readings that I need. I've seen these go for up to $550 on eBay, though you should be able to buy one in the $350 to $400 range.

I don't own a Hickok Card-A-Matic, however my friend does. Wow! What a tester! You simply install a data card (holes punched into a plastic card about 3" by 5"), which set all tube parameters for you! These are quite expensive. A perfect, recently calibrated military model with a complete set of cards will set you back around $800 to $1K! Those that have them love them, my friend would never part with his.

I have no experience with the AVO tube testers, but have heard that they are very nice, and can give you a much broader example of where the tube tests at different bias current, etc. Quite expensive!

Where to buy? I'd place a wanted ad right here!
You might want to buy Sean's Tester because he is upgrading his secondary system.

I think it will go at a good price.

Sincerely
I remain,
If you are not in the tube selling business you will be using your tester for two primary functions.

go/no go testing (is the tube bad)
matching (how does this tube compare with its brothers)

While I own several Hickoks, they are kind of a case of overkill for this type of testing. A less expensive tester will show if you have a dead or seriously dying tube and will also show the relationship between a given tube and another tube used for comparison (matching).

The ultimate "numbers" do not mean much (except to show if a tube is dead) as much as the match between a set of tubes.

This type of testing can easily be done with either the Eico or B&K testers at a reasonable price. >$100.00 USD on Ebay under "tube tester"