MF A3.2 Preamp worthy upgrade to the Anthem TLP1?

Hello all,

I have currently Monitor Audio Silver S6 speakers, Rotel 961 CD player, Anthem Amp-1 power amp (tube) and the Anthem TLP-1 preamp. I purchased the Amp-1 from a local dealer when he had it on clearence as I always wanted to try tube.
The same dealer now has on clearence (half price) a Musical Fidelity A3.2 CR preamp.

I am tempted to get the MF and sell my Anthem. But I am not sure what I will gain. The Anthem has garnered many excellent reviews. If anyone has any thoughts on what I might gain by this purchase please chime in. Also if you think I should save my money, please do chime in as well.

I don't really have any complaints with what I have now generally because I don't know how to find faults in a system.
Unless something sounds horribly bad, I am easy to please.

Thanks,

-- Sanjay
schugh
Fortunately you may be able to answer your question with a demo at home.One of the advantages of a local dealer who should trust you for a day or so with the unit.What say you?Cheers,Bob
Thanks.
I did end up getting it as the dealer said I could return it in a day or two if I wasn't happy.
The difference in sound was immediately apparent. The MF sounds more pleasing to my ears, less congested and more rounded.
So I will be keeping it.

Thanks again.