Special birthday audio gift to yourself?

Just turned the big 50, and for some 30 years have always wanted a tube based audio system. I have paired a 55 watt SQ-88 integrated tube amp with a pair of Von Schweikert VRjr4's. Very musical combination.Certainly the best birthday present to myself ever. Wondered what special somethin..somethin..others have treated themselves too for their speacial day.
glenfihi
Two years ago I was able to sell my wife on letting me purchase some fabulous ICs for my rig. Well, it's now two years later, and my birthday, though a few months aways, wish to my wife was about a new cdp. Now, this was just a tad more (a big tad at that) than my ICs. Didn't go over very well. "You know I love you honey and would love to make this happen for you. You better get out there and tutor, baby." I guess I'll gave to take whatever $$ she'll throw my way in Feb. warren :)
I just bought a Modwright 999ES cdp with Platinum mods and clock upgrade as a "welcome to a new job" present.

My birthday is in December (42) and will probably splurge on a set of 12 EL34 tubes.

How old is 42 in audio years????

Regards,
I bought a pair of Avalon Avatars, locally, for my 50th birthday. I never thought a similar size dynamic speaker would beat my Montana SPIIs.
These did.
I read Warrenh's response as "selling my wife for a set of interconnects" It's an interesting thought, but I'm sure mine is worth more than one set of interconnects, at least a whole cable loom. I missed my 50th, d-oh, maybe I should be thinking of my 60th, thats much more of a milestone surely. It would'nt be an item of HiFi though, just some more hair and brain cells, to replace the 1000's of both I am loosing daily
I just normally go to Music Direct buy myself
nice cd's like XRCD,SACD's,HDCD,and vynil, that
simple.At least $100 worth of cd"s.