Which Tube Preamp under $10K?

I am seeking to replace my Audio Research LS16. $10K is a hard upper limit which must include a phono stage. It matters not if it is built-in or a separate component, but It should be decent. So, in terms of a new line stage for $8500 or less, I'm currently considering The CJ CT5, one of the VACs, the VTL 6.5 and perhaps the BAT 31SE or not yet released ARC LS26. I am driving a pair of Bel Canto Evo 2 Gen II monoblocks which are driving B&W Nautilus 803s. I like the tube sound, maybe even on the sweet side for some tastes. The older CJ gear has always been a touch dark for me, but the newer stuff is said to have lightened up considerably. So, speed, dimensionality and a tubelike upper midrange are where I want to go with this purchase. All comments and suggestions welcome.
pscialli
To Stanhifi,

Perhaps you are right. I think a fair number of my posts are more informative than commercial, but lately I may have drifted more towards the latter. Thanks for the feedback.

Duke
Take a look at the Aesthetix Calypso line stage and its companion phono stage, the Aesthetix Rhea. Really a wonderful combination for about $7k for the pair. If you prefer a single chassis, then these two units are available as the Aesthetix Janus, which sells for about $6500. Either of these choices will give you wonderful sound. And if you are willing to buy used equipment, keep an eye open for the Aesthetix Io and Callisto. Here's a link that you may find useful:
http://www.musicalsurroundings.com/aesthetix.html
No problem with used gear and the LS16 is one I've been meaning to take a look at. Judy, what is the basis of your anti B&W furver? The Steelhead is an excellent suggestion, btw. ON Aesthetix gear, its reputation seems to be that excessive tube rolling is necessary to get it to work right. I also have a good friend who went through loads of tube rolling and then once he found the right combination for his Calypso, the thing blew up on him. I don't know this to be a general trend though.
Also, for that kind of money why not just have custom line stage built? We can do that for a lot less money that you are talking about. It would use a 5842 for the driver tube and quality output transformers.
Stanhifi,

Duke is one of the most, if not THE most, ethical dealers here. He always offers good advice, often about products he doesn't sell, and never bad-mouths anyone else or their products. And he always discloses that he is a dealer! What more could you want?

But the best part...he has always been a perfect gentleman, which is more than I can say for some other dealers who frequent Audiogon.

I have never purchased anything from Duke and I don't know him personally, but I appreciate his humility, his candor, his willingness to help and his ethics.