Better software for DSD

I have Audiovarna and when I try to play DSD files I get the music with hiss in the background. This does not happen with 24/192 files. I am using a Aesthetix Romulus player and an apple laptop computer via USB. Would JRiver or Pure Music work better?
jwm
http://www.aesthetix.net/digital.php

Your DAC doesn't support DSD natively

You need to set Audirvana Plus to convert DSD to PCM.

I take it you have A+ and not the free Audirvana - which I recall does not handle DSD in any form.

Audirvana Plus/Preferences
Audio System tab
Under DSD Detection, set to None: Convert to PCM

Select Max Sample Rate to 192kHz - the maximum your DAC can handle.

See if that helps.
Doggiehowser I have the Aesthetix Romulus Signature which has dedicated DSD. Pure music may work better with the Aesthetix than audio varna I'm not sure. I could try the free download.
How are you playing the DSD files?

As an ISO loaded into Audirvana Plus' playlist window?

If you are adding DSF to iTunes using a shortcut type method which makes the DSF file appear as an M4A, A+ has changed their alias method. In the older versions, it would play the same shortcuts created by Pure Music (.M4A) but this was changed to a new method in later versions. I gather this was because Pure Music sought an injunction and forced them to change the method. Shame really, I was using PM to make the DSF alias M4A files and using A+ to play them for the longest time.