Vinyl Recovery

I have an average size record collection for an audiophile, maybe a couple of thousand records. But I find myself enjoying maybe 40 - 50 or so on a regular basis. The rest of them are there, but rarely played.

My question is related to the the length of time vinyl has to "recover" between plays. I recall an article 35+ years ago that spoke of the need to allow 24 hours between plays to minimize damage to the surface?

Does anyone have any information on the tine between plays to minimize damage? Facts to back up the requirement?
bpoletti
I read that same viewpoint and took it as gospel... A few
years ago I started thinking about how many times I had repeated playing lp's as a teenager and they sound fine now.
If your records are clean and your stylus is not worn it
seems to be a non-issue. I still wait an hour or so, and I actually don't replay most records in a single day...
Shure did that when they were reporting on their studies of what the effects of (elliptical ?) sylii had in relation to the tracking force/ultimate psi on a record surface. Rough memory says that about 1.5 grams or so (not exactly positive) equaled out to some 20,000 psi on the record surface. And something to suggest recovery time of 24 (?) hours to avoid permanent damage.

Time was late 60s or early 70s.