How do vibrations affect the equipment?

I understand that vibrations could affect the performance of a CD player, but how do vibrations affect the amps, pres, dacs, cables??
tiofelon
The best way to find out is to put a component source in another room. I know,I know, not in most cases possible. Remember when your speakers are playing, they produce acoustic energy that flies around the room, including directly striking the component, especially turntables and their cartridges. Stands no matter how designed, cannot prevent this direct strike. Best way to see what is going on is to use an acoustic screen directly around all sides of your TT. I think you will hear a difference.
I suspect vibrations affect all the wiring in any amplifier, even SS amps. It is relatively easy to test this theory since all you need to do is isolate the amp. Then listen. Been there done that many times.
Thank you Davehrab!! That was a very good and detailed explanation about vibrations. I am sure that others will benefit too from your insight regarding this "dark" topic. Cheers!