"Biasing" a crossover- with batter power?

JBL does this for the capacitors in their top models. Anyone know how to do it.The theory suggests it would make sense for all crossovers.
ptss
For an example ; Your capacitors in your tweeter section of the crossover calls for a 4 uf capacitor followed by a 8 uf capacitor, between them theres a .3mH inductor to ground.

You would replace the 4 uf Capacitor with two 8 uf capacitors wired in series, to their midpoint you'd attach a 1M Ohm resistor, then replace the 8 uf capacitor with two 16 uF capacitors, to their midpoint you'd also attach a 1M Ohm resistor. Attach a 9V Battery (or maybe 2 wired in series for a 18V potential) positive terminal to the open end of the two 1M Ohm resistors and the negative to the ground plane of the crossover. You have now biased the capacitors in the tweeter section of your speakers successfully.

Best of luck

Peter
Thanks Peter. I am going to see what I can learn of my crossover from B&W. Why would 18V be better? By the way someone commented about "bypassing" the capacitors, with smaller value ones, as beneficial. Your thoughts? Thank you. Pete
The voltage applied to the bias circuit should be larger than the input voltage to the crossover so 18V wold probably be a better choice, start with 9V for simplicity, if you hear an improvement with 18V then use 18V, for most normal listening levels 9V would suffice.

As far as bypass capacitors you can bypass the metalized film capacitors with Film Foil type capacitors, some pretty good ones available form Parts Express for not a lot of $, they have .1, .22, .33 and .47uF Remember you have to add the value of the bypass cap to the cap value, I'd recommend 10% or so of the total value. You may find that you will get a better result with just adding a better capacitor like a Jantzen Silver Z or their Superior type, both are excellent without breaking the bank.

Best of luck

Peter