Use of footers on maple platforms

I know this has been discussed elsewhere, therefore I will try to be specific with my question.

A Maple shelf is thought to dissipate vibration from component resting on it. Would not isolation feet/dampeners inhibit this? Does the replacement of the original feet on a component with cones benefit the dissipation from the component?

I have just replaced the plywood selves of my rack with 2" maple ones. Was using vibrapod footers with the plywood shelves. Currently not with the maple.
mesch
Thanks Geoffkait for your response. I currently do not own any cones. I only have the sorbothane vibrapads. Thought the pads where designed more to isolate vibration than to dissipate, not sure that I am right on that. I plan on getting a set of cones to try along with the pads, blocks that I currently have.
i a-b'd Herbie's tender feet on my Blinn extra-wide rack and couldn't tell any difference. the Blinn has 2" maple slabs plus a suspension system.

only tested/a-b'd my front end (PSA PWT/PWD). also had them under my pre and amp....but decided not to spend anymore time on it. let them stay under the pre/amp but put the oem feet back on my PWT/PWD.

never tried cones or anything else.
Thanks Levy, I have not tried cones and may just leave things as is. As Mapman stated, 'bigger fish".