PS audio Perfect Wave DAC MKII or Metrum Octave

I currently have a Metrum Octave with an audiophilleo-2 feeding USB to it (USB is my primary source). I've been getting the upgrade bug recently and have been looking at the PWD MKII, which apparently doesn't need a USB->SPDIF converter. Financially, this would be a pretty substantial increase, but would I really get that much more out of it? Has anyone compared the two?

Thanks
linaeum66
There is a brief comparison in this review:
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/psaudio9/2.html

You may be able to correspond with the author about the comparison. You should also check out the PS Audio forums about the problems with getting the Perfectwave Dac to work as part of a server based system if you are interested in that.
Tomcy6: Thanks for the link. I believe that is the PWD MKI, not MKII, but still very helpful
Any update on your DAC decision?

I'm a two chassis Octave owner thinking of reconfiguring my digital front end and the Metrum's limited I/O has me looking around. At the time I immediately bonded with the soul of the Octave and am very apprehensive to look elsewhere.

The HEX is an obvious choice but I was hoping they would have included some type of word/bit rate indication. With so much different media out there I'd like to know what I'm listening to.

My other concern with the HEX is the quality of the sourced USB receiver since USB may play into my reconfiguration.
I would highly recommend the following, in no particular order; The Lynx Hilo, exaSound e20 MKIII and the Antelope Platinum. The first two I have heard and cost around $2,500-$2,900. The Antelope retails for around $4,800.

The exaSound is a great choice based on price/performance/DSD.
The Lynx is a little limited on DSD but also has an ADC if one has a need for it.

The Antelope should be a killer DAC for the price but I can only go buy the specs so make sure you get a home demo.

Also till about a month ago I owned the PSA PW DAC MKII. I was one of the first to own the PW MKI and bridge option.

As good as it was others have surpassed it. I own the exaSound e20 MKIII. I am exchanging mine for the new clock option. Right now it is only $100 extra over the base clock in the MKIII.

One thing more. I believe that any up-sampling/over-sampling, filtering, etc should be done in the computer and not in the DAC. That is one reason why I did not choose the Vega DAC.
One thing more. I believe that any up-sampling/over-sampling, filtering, etc should be done in the computer and not in the DAC.
The drawback I see is the need to send more data to the DAC.