Will an after market PC improve the sound of CDP??

There is a cable component that some of us may take for granted That is, 'AFTERMARKET" power cords. The issue is to what degree they may influence the sound of a component they are used with.

I use a Shunyata "Diamondback" PC with my Rega Apollo player. I may have compared this PC with the standard PC supplied with the Apollo a few times and discerned some improvement, but not enough to run out to "recable" what components I had at the time

Therefore, are there some aftermarket PC's that offer a noticeable improvement in the sound quality of a CDP?? I realize that with IC's, compatibility with a particular component is a matter of time consuming trial and error. However, is the degree of improvement with an aftermarket PC be as noticeable as with IC's, and require as much trial and error??
sunnyjim
I agree with both Lowrider57 and Foster_9, PC's differences can be very noticeable, but are also very system dependent. Aftermarket PC's can vary the sound quite a bit, just as much as interconnects, though I would not always call it an improvement. Different is not always better. You have to listen for yourself.
In my experience yes I have heard an improved sound from an aftermarket PC on a CDP in my system. When I heard this was with a MAC (My Audio Cables) HC Sound Pipe power cord installed on an Emotiva ERC-1 CDP. This was with budget gear so people's mileage may vary. When I moved the MAC HC Sound Pipe power cord to my 1st generation PS3 I believe I got an improved picture and SQ but at the time of that change I made wholesale changes power cord wise and power conditioning wise in my system. So yes I believe a PC can improve the sound of your CDP but again trial and error may be required with potentially more expensive power cords or with different wiring types.

Best of luck.
Sunnyjim,
The cost effective way I remain satisfied with is to use a Mapleshade Records Power Strip/Conditioner which improves the sound of the components whose individual PC's are plugged into the Power Strip/Conditioner (there is no power limiting so even an amp can go through this strip). There is much more chance to hear a gratifying and obvious improvement when each of the PC's is simultaneously upgraded by this cost-effective method.

Into the adjacent AC plug is inserted a Machina Dynamica RFI blocker called the Flying Saucer by the manufacturer. This tiny cost item should continue the upgrade even more.

This all yields a simultaneous improvement in each component's performance, with some of my components having hardwired PC's and some using individual removable PC's. You can still make an individual CDP PC purchase for further individual upgrading, but the starting baseline system performance already sounds better.

This addresses your wish to help your CDP sound better, as it simultaneously helps each part of the sound system chain from source to power amp stage.

There are also multiple ideas from various Audiogon sellers to allow better "reading" of the CD data independent of your choice of PC. As you know, my postings sing the praises most loudly of ideas from Machina Dynamica and Mapleshade Records.
Many thanks to those who have replied.

To Listener 57: your suggestions sound interesting and worth investigating