Best Powercord for a TV?

Hello everyone,

So my question is whats a good powercord for a tv? I recently upgraded my LCD TV and plasma tv with Richard gray powercords and they actually made the picture worse compared to the stock cord.

I had a ps audio powercord and a old transparent cable powercord that I tried as well and although they where better than the Richard gray, the picture quality was not that good.

For some reason the powercords made the black color look weak and choppy.

Are newer tvs made differently than older ones? I remember upgrading my plasma tv years ago with a transparent powercord and it made one hell of a difference.
Any suggestions?
soundsvision
Jedinite24, you my friend just answered my problem, in trying to replace my powercord I kept seeing no difference or a worse quality of picture. After reading your response I decided to unplug my LCD from the Richard Gray 1200 and the Sub-station and plugged it directly to the wall with an upgraded cord as well as without an up graded cord and the difference was night and day.

What is it about surge protectors make the LCD picture quality look so bad? Because that doesn't happen with my Plasma. I am still in shock to finding this out....

Williwonka, do you connect your TV straight to the wall?
What is it about surge protectors make the LCD
picture quality look so bad? Because that doesn't happen with my Plasma. I am still in shock to finding this out....
I agree with that statement and in my own experience had similar degradation with my Panasonic Plasma from surge protector.

Power cord did make a difference on mine, not as big as the HDMI cable but certainly visible. Due to length and cost of good audiophile cable I instead choose Belden 19364 shielded and added my own connectors.

Nice upgrade and cost consummate to the value of my TV.
Soundsvision,

I have a Shunyata Hydra that I use for my home theater and it is even better than the plug into the wall. Color saturation increases and images appear to have added dimension. If I used high current amplifiers I would plug those directly into the wall. I have installed a whole house surge protector at the mains and could neither hear nor see any degradation. Of course, YMMV.
Soundvision - I plug my tv into a Panamax conditioner - switched outlet

But the Panamax has an upgraded power cord with a plug with gold plated copper contracts

I just tried silver plated copper connectors like these and they work extremely well
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SONAR-QUEST-CRYO-Ag-Audio-Grade-Silver-plated-IEC-plug-Schuko-plug-/130856829251?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item1e77acc143&_uhb=1

Hope this helps
I use a TV on the backyard and for outdoor TV you should use a higher quality cable so the weather can't damage it. Well, as one of the factors, you also need to use the cover for the TV.