NAGATRON HV9100

Hello all, years gone by I worked for Marcof, some of you may remember the moving coil head amps. At one time Nagoaka asked us to develop a Head Amp for this cartridge. They sent us one, we did a few hours of testing, but only 2 or so hours of listening. So I have a Nagatron HV9100 Ribbon phono cartridge in mint condition in its original box and it is completely spec'd out with full graphs....
It has been gone so long.... Thinking about selling it off, anyone out there have an idea of its value? If it is worth much, I'll list it for sale here, If not, it has been resting fine. Thanks for any replies. Tim
timlub
I have one with a broken cantilever. Have been looking for another to see what they are about. No idea of what their value is... maybe try ebay and let the market decide.

Really rare or esoteric things can be all over the map. If you find the right buyer you can do well but there is also he chance of little to no interest.

dave
Hi intactaudio,
I hear ya, don't mind giving someone a deal, but don't want to give it away. If I can't get something decent out of it, Sooner or later, I'll mount it.... I remember at the time, it competed favorably to the NAK 1000, just too long ago and too little listening to it for any specifics.
Well Vinyl Engine says it was $400 new but doesn't mention if the pre-preamp was included. It also mentions that it is "rare" I for one would like to hear any info on this cartridge and have been digging with little real info being found.

please give a heads up here before you list it since I do not follow the classifieds. Also any more info would be greatly appreciated since 99.99% of vinyl junkies have never heard of a ribbon cartridge.

dave

Hello vinyl junkies,  I've decided to go ahead and sell this Excellent Ribbon cartridge.  I've had a couple inquiries come through private messaging about this... I've looked up all the data that I could find from years gone by from when we tested it. 

The cartridge is obviously mint, you could call it New Old stock.  it is in its original packaging with full hand spec'd sheet included. The foam that is was packaged in is disintegrating, but other that that everything is fine.

We played this about 2 hours total and that was only testing to get the very best out of it.  The cartridge, when ran on a what you would consider normal impedances had a peak at 8k or so,  but we found that when ran on 1.5 to maybe 3 ohms,  the peak was gone and this thing was flat, smooth and detailed. The peak with higher impedances could be tamed with a cap across the outputs. It required a minimum gain of about 30db and really liked more like 40.  This is as rare of a find as there is and will perform with the best out there when loaded correctly.

That's the basics,  so now about selling it... I've never sold here on Audiogon... Listing here -- does it work like the ebay?  can I put a reserve on bids?   or can I do bids with a buy it now kinda thing?  This forum overall has been good for me and If I can work it like ebay which I am so familiar with, I'd rather sell it here. 

Any advice is appreciated.

Tim

Dear Tim,

Do you still have your nagatron HV9100 to sell ? I am interested !

Cheers,
Joseph