caveat emptor

I know it's rather esoteric to understand, but be advised that an ad is using recycled pictures in it's post. very questionable "feedback" as well. Remember, one or 2 $5 purchases can earn you positive feedback.
One clue to also watch for us uneven or awkward grammatical phrasing.

I'm just sayin ......
tgyeti
If "awkward or uneven grammatical phrasing" is supposed to be a clue, then 30% of the ads on this site would be suspect. Many of those who list, including retailers, are unable to spell, or write a coherent sentence.
One example would be your post. What exactly do you mean by "rather esoteric to understand"? If there is an ad that you know of that you think is a scam, please let us all know what it is.
http://app.audiogon.com/listings/cd-sacd-players-esoteric-dv-60-universal-sacd-cd-dvd-player-2013-08-02-digital-97814-medical-springs-or

Esoteric DV-60 listed on 8/2/2013. The pictures in the ad hase been used several times before. I sent him / her an email stating I am ready to buy if they post a picture of the back of the unit along with a 3" x 5" card with today's (yesterday's) date. Funny, no response yet.
I will happily eat crow if I a wrong and the ad is legit, but I know for certain the pictures have been used several times before.
And the feedback? $5 purchases get you feedback. Means nothing to me.
I hate thieves.
Thanks for the heads-up Tgyeti. Roxy54 you owe Tgyeti an apology, he/she
was simply trying to be helpful. Caveat emptor indeed!

Marcus
"Roxy54 you owe Tgyeti an apology, he/she
was simply trying to be helpful. Caveat emptor indeed!"

No, I don't think that I owe him an apology. His concern is valid, and it may indeed be a fraudulent ad, but his cryptic post was not helpful. Now that he has identified the poster, it is helpful, and I give him full credit.