Linn Sondek LP12 impressions

Hello I was wondering if anyone still uses these old designed turntables?

I know its totally not vogue since its a belt drive and all the rage DD and Idler have taken over as "the reference"

Lawrence
lharasim

Any turntable that has so many upgrade kits must be exceedingly popular or why try to cash in?

Among the countless "upgrades" here is the

Ultimate LP12 Tuning
"The Linn is a music making machine"

Yup, that's the essence of its popularity I would say. Certainly more so than any other table I have ever owned over the years. Whatever its faults may be (what are those exactly again?) its a winner for sure.
I really enjoy my LP12. It took a while for me to take the plunge and spend $600 on an Origin Live DC motor upgrade. That upgrade made a considerable difference. It was an immediate "Why did I ever wait sooo long to do this?" I have never heard the Lingo so I can't make a comparison, but the Origin Live is worth every cent. I believe the upgrade is now less expensive.
I've enjoyed my LP12 now for 15 years. It's fitted with a Lingo, Ekos, Arkiv B. not the latest specs but that's ok, cause it makes music. I've had it tuned up 2x since buying it. I dont know that DD is all the rage, as still, most tables seem to be belt driven.

If something works for me I tend to keep it a long time. A number of pieces in my system are 10 years or more old. Ok, not SOTA, but not the investment of a decent car either.
Ha Lawrence, you should hear the colors when I'm rolling tubes! I swear I can hear the color of the plates! I thought that's what "colored" meant.