Marantz SA-14S1 or Vinvent CD-S7-DAC

If you had the chance to own either , which would you choose and why
grey9hound
I suppose that owning a krell gives me very good bass with the vincent, the vincent bested Ayon, cary,another krell cd player in the same price range, I am perplexed with your findings, have you done the tunning with a small phone book on top of the vincent?, move the book around, I got the best bass I have ever heard from this player at this cost point for digital, you may need to let the player have settle time running direct to amp, all changes I have ever done to a system needed settle time to perform it's best, I give everything I do alot of time to conclude my impressions, that way, there is no excuse for what I hear, another thought here is maybe we are going thru system dependency mrtennis, do you believe so, I do at this point, I look forward to what you have to say about the luxman player, I think it's cool that you are doing these comparisons, you are being an asset to us all!, Thankyou.
The vicent cd-s7 has 12ax7 and 12au7 tubes, LOl!, not any 6922 tubes!, yes, there is a gain stage in the player.,My audio advisor catalog says this,,,bur-brown 1796 24/192 dacs,tubes in the output amplification stage consist of three 12ax7 tubes and one 12au7 tube,, the tube in the front window is used to power the headphone output,the cd-s7 has a 4-channel balanced analog amplifier, a solid state/tube hybrid player!, wima caps, m-caps, employed in the power circuit board,, A phillips vam 1202 transport, The vincent player reveals the wood of the grand piano and subtle nuances in the pluck of acoustic bass.,, front to back depth, seperation, sound staging, resolution,etc..., are you there breath taking, this is exactly what I hear on my system with this player! cheers.
the issue of tube complement may be moot, when you tube roll.

if you can find some nice sounding 6 and 12 volt tubes, the differences in sonics between the cd-s7 and the cd-s7 dac may be small.