Monitors that compete with quality floorstanders??

Like to know if there is a monitor, (even a larger monitor than bookshelf) that can compete with high quality floor standers across the board. I realize that bass response will always be problematic, for example, one 6 inch woofer in a monitor versus two or three 5 inch woofers in a floor stander which will produce better bass, and upper midrange

I could spend $2500-$2700 for such a monitor and stands used or new. I am not particularly interested in using a subwoofer. Smoothness, wide soundstaging, precise imaging and overall musicality are very important characteristics of such a "monitor" Thanks
sunnyjim
Selah Audio Tempestas are close to that $ used, although hard to find.
If you can deal with the power and cabling requirements, the Event Opal studio monitors are pretty amazing, too.
Fritz Rev 7 speakers and Skylan 2 post stands... about 2840.00 or Fritz Carbon 7 speakers with Skylan stands (2340.00)
I started a very similar thread on this same subject a few months ago. After auditioning a few monitors I settled on a pair of Soundfield Audio Monitor 1's. They are a unique design using a Kef Uni Q coax midrange/tweeter augmented with a powered 8" subwoofer in each cabinet. They are phenomenal speakers and the bass drivers can be fine tuned via controls on the back.

Before I purchased these I had intended on getting both the Sjofn's and the Mani-II for an audition.

Best of luck in your search.