Anyone tighten up drivers occasionally

Out of curiosity I checked the tightness of the mounting bolts on my Revel speakers today. Probably the 2nd time I have done that in a decade. I could turn each bolt maybe 1/16 of a turn (curiously, one woofer bolt took a 1/4 turn). Anyone check their drivers on occasion? systems been off since, and wonder if I will hear anything different-
128x128zavato
B&W's use a plastic ring between the driver and the baffle...if you use too much torque, you will flatten the ring, and the speaker will not be spec...Vandersteens use screws on their drivers only to hold them in place while a mastic is drying that securely does the job. Be careful or you can break the mastic and the speaker will need repair. This post is for all as a cautionary warning to be sure what you are doing.
I would leave them alone. If you do need to adjust them get a torque wrench and start on the lightest setting an work your way up.
James63, why would you work your way up the torque settings? The purpose of a torque wrench is the ability to tighten to the manufactures and/or material specifications.
09-13-13: Brf
James63, why would you work your way up the torque settings? The purpose of a torque wrench is the ability to tighten to the manufactures and/or material specifications.
I'm assuming James63 means to start at a lower setting than the MFG spec and, in a star pattern, tighten up to the MFG spec gradually. As opposed to setting to the MFG spec and tightening each bolt to spec on the first pass.
Well, it's been about a year since I last tightened up the screws holding my drivers in place. Out of curiosity I checked the speakers 2 days ago. Woofers screws were tight, tweeter screws were tight, and midrange screws, just about all took a 1/16 of a turn. The midrange imaging and purity took a leap upward! And I was recently thinking my speakers were getting long in tooth! They just needed a scootch of torque.