Should I upgrade my Blu-ray player now?

I kept the title generic since the question could easily apply to anyone who has an older model Blu-ray player. As for me, I have the Oppo 83. My long-hoped for Home Theater still hasn't come together completely so I've kept it in the system.

I use it for movies (80%) and music. The DAC in the 83 is just OK as everyone knows. The DAC in the Oppo 105 is very good.

At this stage of the game, is it worth upgrading to the 105 now? How close do you think we are to the end of its development cycle (or is that life cycle)? Make that for both Oppo 105 and Blu-ray as a format and as a piece of equipment.

I don't like streaming. I don't know what 4K will ultimately mean for me - certainly won't be an early adopter - but will it be the death knell for Blu-ray? I like the idea of the Kaleidascape server/service concept or something similar although the Kaleidascape Cinema One itself is too expensive.

I could buy the 105 or the 105D and be happy of years to come but is that (substitute your own favorite brand) the best investment/direction to go now?
finsup
Post removed 
Can I ask what you are not satisfied with and what you are trying to accomplish?
Thank you for your replies.

Bob, I am with you (or I want to be) that "...that Blu-ray will be around 20 years from now"). There is this question I have that by purchasing an Oppo 105, or any Blu-Ray player for that matter today, am I investing in the past? Should I just stop worrying and learn to love streaming (with apologies to Stanley Kubrick)?

I still think Blu-ray is better than streaming is today. If a film is worth watching then it is worth watching on Blu-ray. Also, there is the uncompressed audio Blu-ray offers that streaming does not.

I just need to take care that the investments I make into my audio and video equipment will yield positive long-term results. That said, I could still upgrade my Oppo, know that it is a quality product and one I will use for years, and take short steps into the world of streaming.

Internetmin, I still think my Oppo 83 does a fine job. Movie use will still be primary, but I do want to use it more for music and the 105 has the much better DAC. Besides, I think the difference in the internal components will yield an all-around much better, satisfying experience.

What am I trying to accomplish? Hmmm, that is a moving target at the moment (rolleyes). On the one hand, definitely finish getting the home theater components in place (it's not a real "home theater" like some of you have), enjoy whole-house audio, and step into (for me) the brave new world of streaming and begin to experiment with on-demand content. That may mean, getting a smarter TV or investing in a set-top box of some kind - not sure.

On the other, I'd like to simplify things.
Post removed 
I have a Marantz 8801 and Oppo 105, the Sabre dacs in the Oppo 105 are used for my 2/ch and I let the Marantz 8801 take care of all multi/ch duties. Lets just say I plan on keeping the 105 around it streams well and a few more things that can round out any setup! If it were me in your shoes I'd sell the 83 and get the 105D.

Thank me later!