Where's the talk/reviews on the Emotiva UMC-200?

At $599 (ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!) direct from the manufacturer (that's right,..no middleman mark up), Emotiva has a standalone DTS Master/Dolby HD audio 7.1 preamp processor, AND I DON'T HEAR ANYONE TALKING ABOUT IT HERE!Why is that?...
There are surely threads on which AV receiver (yawn) is being used, or which should I buy, this and that. But there's not a hint of talk about what should otherwise be a superior performance option in the Emotiva budget separates!? Again, why is that?
I am personally one who would never spend $1500+ (and would only look to pay $100-250 on one, if I absolutely had to) on a brand new AV receiver, which is likely sonically compromised, in many aspects, for my money. Basically, I want to spend as little as possible if I go the AV receiver route for my system, and would MUCH RATHER spend on quality separates based performance, ESPECIALLY at only a few hundred dollars in cost!
So, here's this Emotiva $599 as advertised processor, and I here nary a word about it...anywhere! I might have seen one brief review in a magazine. But, I see nothing from the faithful here!
Anyone used, heard, demo'd, or have any input on this UMC-200 piece from Emotiva? Any comparisons to other gear you've owned, as for functionality, digital audio sound quality, video up-scaling or pass-through quality, reliability, and so on??? Is this thing the same as the originally offered UMC-1 at same price? I heard that one had lots of bugs and problems??
Anyway, I want to hear from those hear on their thoughts and experiences with this thing, and why isn't this apparent "bargain" of an item being discussed? ...or does most everyone here still think that your standard Chinese built AV surround receiver will offer the same level of performance as what you'd expect from higher end esoteric separates electronics?
Whaaatteeerrrryyyaaall comments here?
avgoround
Yep yep yep...now I'm thinkin I would probably do just fine choosing from many of the used gear options that are widely available on the internet, rather than to spend "discount" money on some otherwise budget conscious product, from a company with a less than stellar product quality control track history, just fer a "price!"
Anyone know how much a used Krell 7.1 Theater Standard, er whatever, is again???
After reading a post on the emo lounge amplifier forum by Archie questioning who emo uses to produce their components. About to make a large HT purchase he was concerned how emo could offer their products at such far lower pricing compared to other western and Chinese audio manufactures who use Chinese manufacturing and sell direct.

An emo sales rep refused to answer. All but one of the forums minions viciously flamed the guy commensurate with loyal emoism when the forum moderator closed the thread.
I was seriously consedring this product, but I did not like how the bass management works on 7.1 analogue inputs (it is not even available) So for me that pretty well sealed it, plus the high cost of shipping to Canada

and then I read this
http://davidsusilouncensored.wordpress.com/2013/06/05/emotiva-umc-200-vs-processors-costing-4500/
I just bought one, we will see how it works. I am expecting it to be better than my Rotel RSP-1570 I'm replacing it with.
I also own a generation II XPA-5 which I love. It replaced 2 McCormacks DNA-1's. I am not saying it is better just I love what it does. I wanted to go from 2 stereo amps to a five channel. Later on I can use the other 2 channels to go from 5.1 to 7.1. My main left/right amp that is also used for main stereo listening is a Musical Fidelity M6PRX. I also own emotiva's mono amps the XPA-100's and a Digital amp the XDA-2. This set up runs sound around the house and outside and yes I love it. This replaced a McCormack TLC-1 and a DNA 0.5 deluxe. So far I have really liked Emo.
FYI - I bought a UMC-200 and it was DOA - really bad hum as soon as I turned the power to stand-by! Emotiva was really good about taking it as a return and it didn't cost me anything, but buyer beware!