Where's the talk/reviews on the Emotiva UMC-200?

At $599 (ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!) direct from the manufacturer (that's right,..no middleman mark up), Emotiva has a standalone DTS Master/Dolby HD audio 7.1 preamp processor, AND I DON'T HEAR ANYONE TALKING ABOUT IT HERE!Why is that?...
There are surely threads on which AV receiver (yawn) is being used, or which should I buy, this and that. But there's not a hint of talk about what should otherwise be a superior performance option in the Emotiva budget separates!? Again, why is that?
I am personally one who would never spend $1500+ (and would only look to pay $100-250 on one, if I absolutely had to) on a brand new AV receiver, which is likely sonically compromised, in many aspects, for my money. Basically, I want to spend as little as possible if I go the AV receiver route for my system, and would MUCH RATHER spend on quality separates based performance, ESPECIALLY at only a few hundred dollars in cost!
So, here's this Emotiva $599 as advertised processor, and I here nary a word about it...anywhere! I might have seen one brief review in a magazine. But, I see nothing from the faithful here!
Anyone used, heard, demo'd, or have any input on this UMC-200 piece from Emotiva? Any comparisons to other gear you've owned, as for functionality, digital audio sound quality, video up-scaling or pass-through quality, reliability, and so on??? Is this thing the same as the originally offered UMC-1 at same price? I heard that one had lots of bugs and problems??
Anyway, I want to hear from those hear on their thoughts and experiences with this thing, and why isn't this apparent "bargain" of an item being discussed? ...or does most everyone here still think that your standard Chinese built AV surround receiver will offer the same level of performance as what you'd expect from higher end esoteric separates electronics?
Whaaatteeerrrryyyaaall comments here?
avgoround
AV, I totally agree with what you are saying about the AVR's. I personally wouldn't expect all that much from one in that range either. It really depends on the person and their expectations.
Bringing in other ID companies is misleading in this way. Emotiva has had no serious talent from other companies joining their company as was mentioned with Axiom, SVS, etc. They have also not had a blemish free record of an Oppo or Hsu Research. Emotiva's last 3 processors have been plagued with bugs that took so much resources and time to fix it was painful to watch. In particular, the UMC-1 was praised and the Emo team were actually giddy about it prior to release, which was an unmitigated disaster. This after being about 2 years late on its release. Currently they are over 2 years late on the XMC-1 processor, which has had at least 2 price increases before it's even released yet! TacT tried and failed to implement their room correction on it and currently Dirac is trying. It doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

The XDA-1 DAC had issues throughout its short life and then its replacement, the XDA-2, couldn't work with Macs, something the first model could at least do! Their only amp requiring firmware, the XPA-1L, had firmware bugs that needed updates, requiring new owners to return the amps for service.

They are not the equal of other ID companies in most things besides price. A 600 processor with antiquated room correction and few of the features of a 400 AVR is hardly what ID companies are all about. But at least they try, and maybe one day they will be able to release a processor that is not old technology and laced with bugs, but until then I'd only shop for their amps.
I like the company , no problems. I bought a UMC-1 new 3 years ago with no problems. I also bought a new 2 ch amp with no problems . There is still alot of snob appeal towards outsourcing or low cost companies. Yes I wish they manufactured in the USA , but they are a good company.
Yep yep yep...now I'm thinkin I would probably do just fine choosing from many of the used gear options that are widely available on the internet, rather than to spend "discount" money on some otherwise budget conscious product, from a company with a less than stellar product quality control track history, just fer a "price!"
Anyone know how much a used Krell 7.1 Theater Standard, er whatever, is again???
After reading a post on the emo lounge amplifier forum by Archie questioning who emo uses to produce their components. About to make a large HT purchase he was concerned how emo could offer their products at such far lower pricing compared to other western and Chinese audio manufactures who use Chinese manufacturing and sell direct.

An emo sales rep refused to answer. All but one of the forums minions viciously flamed the guy commensurate with loyal emoism when the forum moderator closed the thread.