Digital Lens on Bridge of PerfectWave Dac I -MK II

I have the PS Audio PerfectWave Dac MK I with the bridge. I understand my bridge has the lens that makes the MKII so special.

QUESTIONS:
1)So does that mean, since I only use the bridge input, my MKI is as good as the MKII?

2)Is there any reason to upgrade to the MKII (assuming I can find someone to sell me their unneeded upgrade kit as they upgrade to the DirectStream DAC. (I don't need the balance feature).

Looking for more natural analog sound and more weight and punch, more detail, less grain. My PWD plugs into a Decware SE34i.3 (EL 34 SET amp - super detailed).
128x128matthewlevy
Matthewlevy-
No the Mk 2 is not just a Mk 1 with a lense on the other digital inputs. All the digital inputs did get a lens, but it is an entirley new digital board, which IMO made a big difference. I think you will find plenty of supporting evidence of that on the forums and in formal reviews. The Mk 2 was a substantial improvement in the area of being more natural, smoother, more open, and more "analog" as you are seeking. Better accross the board (pun intended). It is a very worthwhile upgrade as an intermediate step to the much more expensive DirectStream.
Matthewlevy
QUESTIONS:
"1)So does that mean, since I only use the bridge input, my MKI is as good as the MKII?

2)Is there any reason to upgrade to the MKII (assuming I can find someone to sell me their unneeded upgrade kit as they upgrade to the DirectStream DAC. (I don't need the balance feature)."

Actually, with the MKII plus your bridge you now get 2 lenses. You have the choice to bypass the one on the digital board and just use the bridge lens (Native mode) or use both (Native X mode).
here's a link that explains the upgrades.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/477-ps-audio-perfectwave-dac-mkii-review/