winged c 6550c is not good for ref 5se??

I ordered 3 of svetlanan SED winged C 6550c from 'Upscale audio' last week and it was not shipped until today, so i call them to find out what is going on here.
They told me they didnt send it because " This tube is not going to work well with your audio research amp and it will failed almost every time".
Is it right?
brandon1103
Yes,I know what youre saying,different combinations.I have a different flavoured pc and sc,to play with,to fine tune things.The GE works best for me now.I would like to get the record player going next year,that may change things again.One tube,cheap upgrade really.I haven't explored the kt tube yet,maybe next year.
I bought Winged C from Ebay from Earyly 2000 Production. Hope they will work fine.
Hi..im new to this power tube thing in the pre.I think the worst that can happen is you blow that tube..I could be wrong.Im happy to experiment with them.I only did cause the sovtek blew.All my music is good now.
Hi, does anyone know if the Winged C (vacuum?) problem was just with the 6550 or all the tubes? I just ordered a quad of EL34s from Antique Electron Supply for use in a Dynaco ST-70.
From memory..There was a batch of seconds ..The most part..they are good I believe.Someone else may know for sure.Nos has always proven to be the best in my experience