Best Amp for $300 to Power Paradigm Monitor 9s

I'm looking for a 2-channel amplifier to power my Paradigm Monitor 9 (series 7) speakers. I want something simple, with few bells and whistles, but excellent sound. I've read that the Paradigms are bright and so a warm amp would be the way to, and have heard that Marantz pairs well, but am open to any quality option.

My budget is about 300 dollars, and I'd like something in the 100 WPC range, so I will likely buy second hand vintage.
commodus1
If you can stretch it, the Muse 100 is probably the best thing mentioned in this post. Although I've never heard one, the Sumo Polaris also supposed to be a very nice sounding amp. I think it's a mosfet design. Mosfet is where you will get the warm sound that you are looking for. In that regard, a B&K ST140 (older versions I like better) or a Hafler DH220 would also be very good sounding and definitely worth considering, better sounding than the Adcoms or Carvers, IMO.

If the Paradigms are bright, I don't think you would like a class D or other chip amp with it....just my $.02 and 30+ years in this hobby...let us know what you end up with
"I liked Muse Model 3 preamp, but never tried amp."

The bass is very good. Its a fairly clean sounding amp but the highs can be a little grainy. But not really harsh or bright. Its kind of like the bit of roughness you can sometimes get with a stranded copper cable. If you can get the Muse for $300, I don't see where you can go wrong. Another one to look for is the old PS Audio SS amps. Not the class d amps, the ones before. They're not much to look at, but they do sound pretty good for the money. Probably in the same league as the Muse.