Luxman 505UX vs. Luxman 550AX Integrated Amps

Has anyone compared both of these integrateds? I own the 505UX and like it a lot but am looking for more solid state slam & punch. I actually borrowed the 550AX Class A amp for 1 month about a year before I purchased the 505UX. The only thing I remember about the 550AX was that it sounded much more powerful than it's power rating suggested due to it's high current.
I realize the Luxman's are very refined and have finesse but my 505UX does rock out so basically what I'd like to know is if the Luxman 550AX is more ballsy than the 505UX.
routeman21
I had a 505U and I got a pair of Proac D40R's....it seemed quite clear to me these speakers needed a bit more power and quality.

I ended up with an ex-dem Rega Osiris-it did both jobs-more more slam but with quality and detail-this might not be the amp for you but with a decent trade in on your Luxman you will be able to pick up a suitable replacement amp albeit second hand.
Routeman21,

Awhile back I researched the integrated amp field looking to simplify but not sacrifice, my system. My speakers are Salk Sound SS8's that are rated at 87db and pretty much a flat 4 ohm load.

After listening to intergateds from Luxman, Accuphase, Musical Fidelity, etc. I decided on and purchased the Jeff Rowland Continuum S2. It is the most dynamic amplifier I have ever heard. It has the layers of sound, extension and finesse of a really good tube amplifier (VAC) while possessing the drive and dynamics of top notch SS gear (PASS Labs).

The JRDG Continuum S2 is also available with a DAC (which I've heard is pretty good sounding) or a phonostage which mine has and it is pretty damn good, though my Herron VTPH-2 smokes it!

Good luck in your search.

Tim
You can't go wrong with Luxman. On paper, the 550AX is the better amp. But it's really up to you to decide whether it sounds better. Is there any chance you can audition the 550?