Accuphase Power Amps

I'm interested in buying one of the following:-
Accuphase A-35 or Accuphase P-4200
Does anyone out there own or have heard either of these components. I've heard good things and of course one is Class A and one Class A/B so there will be merits with one over the other. I listen to mostly classical music and own the Accuphase C2420 Pre and DP-510 CD Player. I can't run to the more money components higher up the ladder but evidently these are special for what they are unless anyone has any negatives.
beat496575
Hi Dave,
With my new installation, now thoroughly burned in, it would be difficult to imagine how the C2820 is worth $13,000 of more transparency. Indeed, on listening to my C2420 one could say there is no need at all to want more on any aspect of audio reproduction. It has all the favourable words that describe superior or world class audio to my ears while my speakers have disappeared and the orchestral concert hall soundstage has a 'real-life' experience to enjoy at a level that I have never before been privileged too. For the record it has been enhanced considerably, it that was possible with the introduction of the P4200 Power..............wow!
Simon

Simon, if I understand your post correctly, you have bought a P-4200 power amp. If that is indeed the case, congratulations!

Dave and Simon, the C-28xx pre-amps are actually significantly better than the C-24xx. The C-28xx models stand out as being much more dynamic and at the same time sounding much more relaxed - they have a much better control over all aspects of music. Personally, I would rather go for a 2nd hand (or demo or ex-demo) model from the C-28xx line than a new C-24xx model.

I've tested rather extensively many Accuphase integrated and in the end I have ended up with the E-550 class A integrated, then I moved to A-45 & C-2410 combo and then to a A-65 & C-2810 combo. The differences between the E-550 and A-45 & C-2410 was solid but probably not worth the price difference (especially in my case as I did not needed the additional power). On the other hand, the difference between the A-45 and A-65 have huge, as so was also the difference between the C-2410 and the C-2810. Now I am contemplating to get a C-3800 pre, I have actually made a down payment but I am not yet 100% sure that I will go through with it - I am a bit afraid the C-3800 will be replaced soon. :(
Hi Simon,

Congrats on the P4200 amp! I bet it sounds incredible, actually I know it does. If what I heard at CES 2014 was any indication, you're in for many, many hours of fine listening sessions. What cables are you using?
Hi Nvp,

I know this is Audiogon, but I'd really rather buy new. However, if I go in person and inspect the unit (i would prefer a demo) then that might be alright.

Thanks for the suggestion(s)
Dave. I'm using XLO Limited Edition Balanced from source and the Un-Limited Balanced between amps. I've also got the Signature S3.1's (single-ended)and to be honest I'm still not sure which I prefer. Thinking i may have to open a new thread asking about that subject!
Simon