Room treatment in phases...where to start

I am going to try and treat my small listening room. I want to do this in phases so I get a clear idea what each addition does to the sound. Given my room size and layout, I will getting bass traps and panels for the front corners and walls. Between the corner bass traps or acoustic panels behind the speakers, which one would give me the biggest impact?

Here are the details of my room and setup:
Dimensions:9x10x9
1/3 height wall behind listening position opening up to my large family room
Speakers positioned 3ft from front wall and 2ft from side walls
Listening position is 6ft from speakers
128x128tboooe
That is one small listening space! With the hard wood floors and bare walls, you must have a lot of reflection issues going on there. Bass traps may help tighten up the botom end boom issues, but wall treatments would be a must have to help solve imaging and focus problems. You will need both, but I would start with wall treatments first if I had to choose. Don't forget to put some behind your listening position on the wall, as well as the sides. You have some nice gear there!
Thanks Bigsutterbug, I appreciate the input. I did some experiments last night and put some pillows in between my speakers on the front wall and noticed an immediate difference. Everything sounded more organic and the soundstage increased in width.

With my little monitors I dont think I have any bottom end issues. As for the wall behind me, its only 1/3 height about 3ft high. Above that there is open space that leads into my family room so I dont I am having any issues on this back wall.
Check out the "Room Tunes" products. Your best bet for cost vs results and a proven method that does not over dampen the room, or suck the life out of the sound. Focus on the wall/ceiling corner intersection points first. Most will tell you to look at the speaker's first reflectiom point but every time I did something there the overall sound got too dead despite the improvement in space and imaging. You're smart to check every addition as you go. less chance of over doing it. Refrain from over doing it.