Advice on selecting a tube amp

Sold all of the Sunfire and Martin Logan system when we retired and moved from a huge condo to a 46' sailboat. I'm missing the music.
I am an audio analyst by trade and tend to pick my music apart.

I've got about $1500 to spend and a pair of Sunfire CRM2s. They are small enough for the boat and love the ribbon's imaging capabilities. 90Db sensitivity and 8 ohms.

I'm not physically able to do the modding and such, so I am looking for reliability. Researching the Music Angel turned daunting when I read about the amount of work some of the guys needed to make them perform. Hands shake a bit too much.

I don't listen to loud music much anymore, except a little Pink Floyd. Mostly instrumental Jazz and some Hawaiian slack key.
I want to make the move to tubes and prefer to buy one which I will keep. I'm in over my head, but I like it like that.

I need and really appreciate any suggestions you guys would share.
nicknac
Hi Guys, A lot of responses since I last checked.

Electronics and saltwater. As a retired navy sonar chief I realize I am in for a battle. Tubes are a new angle so it will be interesting.
I bought a Dennis Had, KT150 Inspire amp. We traded a few emails about the conditions and which would suite our needs the best. This is supposed to be a tough little amp.

The boat is a 1985, 46' Nautor Swan sailboat. A legendary yacht. Built in Finaland, All teak inside. Check out google pictures.
My wife and I have never owned a home. After being stationed in many places and traveling a lot we were looking for a house but never found one we liked. Faced with semi retirement we decided on a boat. It's a solid and fast, ocean crosser. We will travel mainly from Canada BC, South Alaska, Mexico, Hawaii and points between. Currently in San Francisco.
We just need some very good sound to go with it.

Now if only I could decide on a music format. I think Musical fidelity's M1 Clic is our next purchase.
And dont get me started on cables!!
Nicknac,
You and your wife I'm certain are going to have a fabulous time with that lifestyle, what a fine way to enjoy life! Of course you two need good sound to complete this beautiful picture.
Have loads of fun,
Charles,
Thanks CD, We worked kind of hard for all this and the boat life is a bit austere and not for all.
I wanted to thank you for all the patient advice. This is a great forum because of guys like you.
I am really looking forward to building on the equipment we have.
Nick
Nicknac, I checked the Nautor web site. Wow!!!!

I realize these are really dumb questions, so I apologize in advance. (1) How much does it cost to get into a Swan? (2) How long does it take to learn how to sail and navigate? (3) Does the boat come with air condition and heat? (4) How long does fuel and water last? (5) Does the boat come with a babe? (6) Where will the stereo go? (7) How many sleeping rooms on the boat? (8) Do you shower with fresh water or sea water?

:) :) :)

This OP gets 3 happy faces. Never gave out that many happy faces before.

Happy Holidays,

Bruce
Hehehe Bruce, Yes the Swans are something else. hardly a day goes by without someone stopping by to admire her. We shopped hard for three years before we found the right one, for the right price. She was in South Carolina, we were in Honolulu.
Heat yes, AC, only if I add it. We carry 130 gallons of water, 100 gallons of fuel. Enough to get us from San Francisco to Honolulu.
I brought the babe to the boat. Wife will always be a babe as she agreed to the boat life!
We wash dishes and shower with sea water during long distance crossings. Rinse with fresh. A water maker is on thee list of new systems to add. make about 20 gallons an hour. Run it an hour a day.
Sailing takes an afternoon to learn, a lifetime to master. Its fun and easy to learn. Navigation and such takes a bit more. I am a retired navy chief so I have some background on all of this.
There is a teak bookcase and entertainment center in the salon (living room) which I am modifying to accommodate the new system.
We are heading to Victoria BC next in the late spring.