SS Pre-amps that can beat an Audio Research sp16

What SS pre-amps are out there that can be considered a serious contender to replace or upgrade from an ARC sp-16.

I've had the sp16 for a few years now and like it very much. But I still have it in the back of my head that I would prefer to go all SS if possible to eliminate any tube noise issues/concerns which come up on occasion, and perhaps to enable greater frequency bandwidth, which I suspect is possible.

I am looking mainly for detail, wide bandwidth, tonal neutrality, soundstage and imaging.

Here are my leading contenders I have identified to date. I am open to feedback on these or others.

1) Benchmark (integrated preamp/DAC)
2) Bel Canto (pre-amp only or integrated with DAC)
3) McCormick
4) Others?

Thanks in advance for your input.
128x128mapman
I have been a big fan of my Musical Fidelity kW preamp. A hybrid design with a massive power supply. Not sure how easy they are to find used, but in general I think a hearty power supply would help you get the sound you are looking for.
Mapman, I had an Audio Research SP15, which I really liked a lot, but I had a hankering, to go the Spectral route and I have never regretted it. I originally, had the SP-12, which I liked, but when the occasion arose to get an SP-20, with built-in phono board, I took it and have never looked back. Fast, clean, detailed and truly realistic ambiance on both instruments and voices. But, like all things audio, it is a personal preference.

Good luck!

AEW
No doubt the sp16 is an absolutely fantastic piece especially at its price point.

I am really just about 100% pleased with what I have whenever I listen, I have to pull myself away eventually though. I suppose that's the best sign there is.

HEy but I still get the urge to experiment from time to time. It's part of the curse I suppose.....

Plus I am really learning a lot from teh responses in this thread. GEtting more armed and dangerous....
Tim,

Spread Spectrum is an impressive looking beast. A bit large and pricey for me at this point though.

Can you compare or contrast it to the BC or BEnchmark or others from what you have heard? In what way/ways is it better/different?

Thanks.