WYRED4SOUND STP-SE IN HOUSE UPGRADES

Wyred4Sound recently announced a Stage 1 and Stage 2 upgrade for the STP-SE Preamplifier. Done in house. Stage 1 upgrade cost $950.00. Upgrade consists of rhodium plated Furutech fuse. Discrete regulator's. 24 custom Vishay Z-foil resistor's that are always in the circuit. Stage 2 cost $1950.00 and consists of Furutech IEC inlet, rhodium plated Furutech fuse, 72 cutom Vishay Z-foil resistors throughout the circuit and volume control and upgraded with 16 audio grade capacitors throughout the circuit. Wyred's wholesale cost for each Vishay resistor is $15.00.
audiozen
Bad move in my opinion. W4S should come out with a completely new model rather than to hot rod an existing model.
I couldn't justify a $2k upgrade on a $2k component. Don't get me wrong, I had no problem paying the extra money when I bought my c-j preamp in SE trim. The $500 for Vishays and Teflon caps were well worth it, it sounds great. But if c-j came out with a $2k upgrade I wouldn't even consider it, I would just explore the next new replacement.