Amp with best bass control

Which solid state amp(s) have you heard demonstrate the best bass control? I'm not talking "go the lowest", I'm talking "tight tight - super tight grip on the bass". I'm talking "fast" as well. The proverbial Kung-Fu Grip!

Thanks all!

Mike
mbovaird
Well I would calmly vote for the Boulder 1060 as I know it well. This amp has enormous power reserves and delivers 600 watts @4ohms and has a damping factor of around 4000! The 1060 is also fast thanks to it's vast array of output transistors and distributed power supply. Damping factor is really the more relevent indicator of an amp's ability to control a speaker. It is also extremely well engineered and reliable. Depending on your budget, you can step up to the 2100 or even 3000 series. As you move up the Boulder line, you just get more of everything. Don't believe earlier hysterical comments about Krell. Boulder ran an a-b comparison at a Dealership in which a 1060 was thrown up against Krell Evolution 900 mono blocks and was much more dynamic and powerful sounding (especially in low bass). Paper specs are bs, and frankly Krell trade off their reputation. Boulder are the real deal. No other manufacturer has that level of engineering capacity or in-house content.
I would say check the latest reviews, Boulder amps have to many parts the signal goes thru, we all know that when that happens, you have a supar sound, the krells have been hailed world renowned as the best solid state for the price points it sales at, there are many amps better than boulder amps, Krell has a few models that are better!,Boulder is a good amp, defiantly not the last word in solid state!,, all this does depend on the flavor of sound one likes, and system synergy!I also will add, todays reviews mean nothing but a interest for an audition, these reviewers are payed good money to say what ever is good for the company!, likly, checking user reviews is the way to go, awards and pro reviews are nice for a product, however, let your ears be the judge!
I've heard a lot about the EAD powermaster 2000 been an exceptional amp for home theatre and music. Excellent in the bass department.

08-16-13: Audiolabyrinth
I would say check the latest reviews...
I also will add, todays reviews mean nothing but a interest for an audition, these reviewers are payed good money to say what ever is good for the company!
Firstly, don't comment on Boulder's circuit design when you haven't even bothered to read any of their technical white papers (I have). Secondly, your above statements go to the heart of your lack of credibility. You're clearly speaking out of your rear end and it shows. Could Krell have built the Boulder 3060? They couldn't even contemplate an amplifier at that level, but that's what Boulder do every day. Secondly, if your beloved Krell amp is so good...why aren't they building them today? Thirdly you need to learn to spell before lecturing Boulder about how to design a power amplifier!