Budget cable chaos??? Is River Cable the new star?

Sometimes, I wonder that some audiophiles waste more time trying to determine what "budget" speaker cable to buy, than a cables costing 5 to 10 times as much. I include myself in that inglorious lot

Budget cables keep popping up on Audiogon almost daily. And, "The Cable Company" has few to none to loan out for audition in your system.

Let's see to date: there is Anti-Cable Reference, Clearday, Clearview, JW Cryo, Canare, etc, etc.... Now, I have uncovered a new budget cable company called RIVER CABLE an internet company. Their speaker cable looks well made and attractive to display, AND PRICING is ridiculously inexpensive. They basically offer three models: the entry level "Starflex". Flexgyny 6 and Flexgyny 8 (top of their line) The few reviews I found, claim that the latter two speaker cables are very good for the money, but sound distant in the midrange. The Flex 6 model I was informed is a better choice for longer cable runs because of the extra copper used. Not sure what that means or is even accurate. I have garnered that copper based speaker cables tend to sound warmer,and often more musical than the more analytical and cool silver based cables

So again begging the patience of the membership, has anyone auditioned or owned these RIVER CABLE speaker cables, and if so, how do they rank in sound quality with the others in the ongoing "budget buffet"???. I think the industry should put a moratorium on the number of so-called "budget cables" issued each year. There would probably be less buyers's remorse,and suicides among audiophiles

NOTE: Please, don't just respond by saying: "you will have to JUST try them to see what works in your system" Oh, bollocks!!! as the Brits say. The Audio business is not a consortium of roving Renaissance Faires tossing cables to the crowds for personal use. Get Real!! Thanks, Jim

sunnyjim

Sunnyjim, I do read a lot of your cable posts, and sometimes I realize you're just being funny, and other times you sound somewhat frustrated. Is it too much to ask, what has been the "best overall" cable that you have used in your system?
I used the Goretz with two different ss amps with no problems,but apparently more research would be required on compatibility.Just what you need!It is indeed frustrating finding affordable cables.
TO Tls49, Yes, sometimes frustrated, but I think we are all victims of a business model that makes it difficult to find the right combinations of components, and especially cables. This is mostly the consequence of the "business model" that evolved with the audio industry. I can offer more conjecture about this model but I said my piece. However, I will poke fun at the structural inconsistencies of this business/hobby.

However, to answer your question. My system has changed in the last five years. The Acoustic Zen Hologram 2 is excellent cable, but difficult to live with because if its girth.

Overall, I would say the Analysis Plus Oval 12 speaker cable was very enjoyable, and seemed to get better with every listening session. But I upgraded speakers from the Silverline Prelude II to the Acoustic Zen Adagios, and quickly realized I needed a better cable. I then bought the AZ H2's whose inner detail and midrange were exceptional. Unfortunately, in my room the cable provided a narrow soundstage that never extended beyond the speakers's outer boarders. So now, and after about 2 years, I continue to use the Audio Art SC-5(entry level stuff) speaker cable. It is good to very good, but I am not sold that its bigger brother, the SC-5E is necessarily better at three times the price. Thanks for your response and advice.
For what its worth, after reading your last post,I think I figured out why you are having a hard time with cables. You're expecting too much from them. Also, its very likely you are not giving as much consideration to the other components in your system because of this. Cables are easy when you match your components properly. I could be wrong, but that's what I think the main problem is.
Zd542: here is the basic system less the turntable system

Acoustic Zen Adagios speakers
BelCanto PRe-3 line stage
Red Dragon M-500 digital monoblocks
Rega Apollo CD player
Audio Prism Wedge 116 power conditioner

Cables Audio Art SC-5 speaker cables
Nordost Red Dawn IC from amps to BC
Acoustic Zen Tsumani Plus PC used with BC
Chord Chameleon IC (from CD player to BC)
Shunyata "Venom" PC for Rega Apollo

I never in any of my posts or threads stated that I was crying myself to sleep because the sound of the system was mediocre. However, I would like to squeeze out a bit more sound quality, that is, musicality, naturalness, euphononic whatever. I know there are two major component weaknesses in the system, but nothing major that I can't live with.

So, Zd542....Knock yourself with the above information!!!