Merlin TSM-MM vs. Tyler Reference Monitor

I am looking to upgrade my Soliloquy 5.0 monitors and am interested in the Merlin and Tyler monitors. Both have excellent reviews and a loyal following, but I have not had the opportunity to hear either one. Has anyone had a chance to compare these two monitors? Also, how would these monitors compare with the comparably priced offerings from Proac?

FYI, my system consists of a Cary SLI-80 tube integrated producing 40w in triode mode/ 80w in UL, a Cary 308T cdp, and Acoustic Zen and VH Audio cabling. I have an 11 X 20 room, but have to place the system on the short wall and would prefer to stay with a monitor speaker as opposed to a floor stander. I listen to a wide range of music from jazz, alt. country, bluegrass, etc.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
cruz123
Plinko,

Sorry if I made the point that the Merlins were better because they cost more as that was not my intention. I was just stating that they were more expensive for his budgetary concerns.

The Taylos are wonderful speakers in the right application. I would personally prefer the Merlins if given the choice between the two. I have owned a pair of Taylos and did enjoy my short time with them.

Respectfully,

Chris
Thanks for everyones input, including the private e-mails. Looks like I have a lot more research to do. I have had a couple of recommendations to try the Green Mountain Callistos and I find them intriging in this price range. Has anyone compared the Merlins to the Callistos?

Kid, thanks for your comments. I have just recently upgraded to the 308T from a Jolida JD100. I was frankly surprised at how much more detail the 308T has over the Jolida. The Jolida is very good for the money, but so far I am thrilled with the 308T.
Cruz

I would not think twice .....go for the Merlins.TSM-MM or MX choice depending on your current amp and future amps.Have a friend with TSM-MXs in his office system.Has had excellent results with both a Jadis Orchestra Reference and a Bel Canto SETi 40 int amp.Can give you his mail address if you are interested.

As for myself,I use Merlin VSM-MMs with a Pathos Logos amp.

Regards

Chris