Analysis Audio at High End Show

Did anyone spend much time at the Analysis room? Do they resemble Apogees in sound and presentation? As one who still mourns the passing of Apogee....I have patiently awaited someone to pick up the Apogee torch. Is this the company?
robofet
The prices seemed high to me too. But I listened anyway. I can't compare them to Apogees, since I have never heard Apogees, but I really liked what I heard. There was a sweetness to the sound, but it was also very transparent and dynamic...one of the top 3 or 4 sounds at the show IMO. Sweet spot was small. They may have sounded a bit better on smaller recordings (chamber, small vocal ensemble) than bigger (orchestral) but I would need more listening to confirm this.
Calanctus,

I really wasn't in a spot to be able to accurately judge the quality of the sound but from where I was sitting, they didn't strike as very dynamic -- and I generally like planars and ESLs.
Hi
Analysis Audio speakers are manufactured in Greece and being imported in the USA .That would explain the prices I think.Visit www.Analusisaudio.com.I am not connected with the company in any way other than I am Greek myself.
Best
George
Apparently 6moons (or was it positive-feedback?) was to feature a review this month.
I had listened to one Analysis model and compared with a pair of Apogee Duettas. It was big -- but still smaller than the Apogees.
They were both in the same large room (at either end, on the short wall) with the upstream equip in the middle of the room. Long spkr cables, as you can imagine.

To make a long story short, the Analysis fared better with complex orchestral passages than the Duettas. Whether this was the effect of the spkrs, the amps, I don't know (we were using a Krell 300 that's hardly a weak machine!). Allegedly, they are much easier to drive than the Apogees. They're also a contemporary product as opposed to the Apogees...

BTW, as Yioryos notes, transportation cost must be high and a good chunk of the asking price probably goes to USPS or whoever is the forwarder...:(
Gregm

Was wondering if you remember which Duetta model...there were three. Just trying to form a frame of reference in my mind...I can go to the Analysis site and find the somewhat smaller Analysis speakers if you can't recall that model.

Dave