Hiff Eff. Full Range Fostex Driver question

I am intrigued by the recent buzz on the Cain & Cain and Omega speakers. I talked at length with Louis @ Omega yesterday and am thinking about the Grande 6s. Has anybody replaced much larger and expensive speakers with something like this? Of course I will be buying a sub to augment the bass in my small room because I do like to listen to rock/metal very loud sometimes. Will the Omegas pull this off, or is this just wishful thinking? Current speakers are Montana SP2s which I absolutely love. But I am curious about the attributes of a full range, xoverless design. Am I a candidate, or should I just shut up and be ignorant and happy?

Oz
128x128ozzy62
Nathan, these are single driver. They only need a sub if you listen to electronic, amplified music loudly. You won't need a sub if you like girl with guitar music, for example. The transient speed and clarity is amazing. Just ask Tom (Twl).

Aaron
Louis was working on a super tweeter mount that would make it easy to install to the stock cabinets, for the ones that need more upper range. I think his newer Hemp drivers are supposed to be better for this kind of music as well. Since I do not listen to that kind of music, I'm happy without the added tweeter. Yeap I've replaced multi driver floorstanders that went down to 25 hz. Also large Magnepans have been up rooted because of the Omega /dual subwoofer combo. For me without a doubt it's the best sounding setup I've owned and also the cheapest!
Low volume listening has never sounded so good.
If you really want to enjoy Jazz,Classical and most genre to it's fullest you need a SUB with these speakers. Two would be better.
You will hear the foot tapping in some recordings but you won't feel it without the subs.

Good luck!
6.5" full range driver in small bass reflex box + LOUD rock/metal music = wishful thinking.

Sub will not help full range driver from crapping out at loud level. No impact. Try Pink Floyd, the Wall- loud helicopter, full range driver will bottom out and hurt your ears.

Full range driver in proper horn/trans line + moderately loud acoustic jazz or girl with guitar = blissful sound.
Ultrakaz I agree...but we are talking above 100db. It also boils down to what a person considers loud. For me loud is above 80 db. I fear permanent hearing loss going much higher for extended periods of time. Since I hear everything just fine at 65 db to 75 db , 90 to 100 db listening seems ludicrous IMHO!You may want to stick with big Paradigms and the sort if you listen at these levels and to this kind of music.
Gmood1 -- the +100 db spl simply allows you (or should) lots of headroom using little energy. Useful for dynamics!

It doesn't mean that you're obliged to listen at 1W average! BUT, if there is a transient in the programme matl that requires 30db headroom (I am dreaming, I know... oh well) it's very easy to achieve for someone who listens at an "average level" of ~70 -- all you need is amplification reserves in excess of 1W!