Thiel CS6 to Von Schweikert VR4 JR - Am i Crazy?

I am considering switching from by current Thiels to the VSAs. While the selling price new is much more for the Thiels, I bought them used for about the same price as the VSAs are new so it would be about a wash financially.

My goal would be to improve the soundstage (I don't get much depth out of the Thiels), warm up the mids and highs without losing extension, have powerful bass, and have a smaller cabinet. From what I have read (I have not heard yet) the VSAs seem to be strong in these categories.

Does anyone think this would be a reasonable or crazy change?

Assoc gear: Naim pre w/Hicap, McCormack dna2dlx amp, Nottingham Horizon, Pioneer Elite SACD/Dvd-A
bundy
It must be you roomand or placement. Listen to Jimi's Voodoo Child (slight return). On the last part of this piece with the CS6s, Jimi's swims in a 360 arc all over my room and front to back. I play this piece to impress friends when I want them to hear why "surround sound" is entirely possible with two channel. The Thiels are 9 feet apart and are slightly toed in. They are 30 inches from the front wall and critical listenign is about 10 feet from the line drawn between the fronts of the speakers. Closing one's eyes they completely disappear. Soundstaging problems are certainly not a concern with these speakers.
Post removed 
Don't you know that album, Tvad?

There are two versions of "Voodoo Child" on "Electric Ladyland" - the 15 minute job, and then the closing track. Stevecham is referring to the latter. On the label it says "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)".

Regards,
Post removed 
Tvad, it's the final track on Electric Ladyland. Sorry for omitting that detail earlier.