Thiel CS6 to Von Schweikert VR4 JR - Am i Crazy?

I am considering switching from by current Thiels to the VSAs. While the selling price new is much more for the Thiels, I bought them used for about the same price as the VSAs are new so it would be about a wash financially.

My goal would be to improve the soundstage (I don't get much depth out of the Thiels), warm up the mids and highs without losing extension, have powerful bass, and have a smaller cabinet. From what I have read (I have not heard yet) the VSAs seem to be strong in these categories.

Does anyone think this would be a reasonable or crazy change?

Assoc gear: Naim pre w/Hicap, McCormack dna2dlx amp, Nottingham Horizon, Pioneer Elite SACD/Dvd-A
bundy
Post removed 
i think you might wanna look elsewhere before dumping your thiels. i haven't heard the cs6, but i almost bought a pair of cs2.3 on my search for a speaker. i've heard a vr-4 gen.iii with an ead pre/pro and aragon 8008bb. i wasn't very impressed personally. haven't heard the vr-4 jr though. i too would suggest a source change before making a speaker change. if you're dead set on a speaker change, i think the gershman avant garde rx-20 might meet the requirements you're looking for. of course, i'm biased since i own a pair. good luck in your hunt.
i agree w/ the others. mod or try another source first before dumping the speakers. stock elite players aren't known for excellent audio quality.
Yes, you are crazy. Thiel 6.0 is among the best speakers I have ever heard. Maybe you really should change first the source, as Tvad said. I dont know McCormack, but I heard Thiel with Pass 250, and that combination might provide what you are after. Kimber cables also might warm up the system. Alternatively, I would suggest to look after a used wilson benesch act I. That more or less able to provide what you are after, although it has less bass extension and less treble energy than the thiel. I have only heard the vr-4junior with BAT electronics. That system was a bit muddy and slow. I really think that that step would be a majpr step backward.