Amarra or upgrade my Wavelength Brick

I have a Wavelength V1 with a mac mini running snow os, should I upgrade the dac first or buy Amarra first, thanks for your help. Greg
128x128drumsgreg
upgrading my dac from the Cosecant V3 to the Crimson was FAR greater then adding Amarra.

YMMV
I don't know a thing about Amarra, but I had Gordon Rankin upgrade my v1 Brick to a v2 for a couple hundred bucks. Best money in audio gear I ever spent.
I loaded windows on my mac, and started using foobar. That was a big upgrade and cost me next to nothing.

I have since switched to a fan less pc, and that sounds even better than the mac with windows did (assuming the power supply / noise bit is why).

I still prefer macs for regular computing but the sound quality difference between mac and pc was significant. Unfortunate too since the mac is so much easier to use.

If your looking for an upgrade id urge you to try that before paying for software to upgrade a mac...
well im using amarra and its spectacular ive been an audiophile going on 30 years, makes digital worthwhile remember garbage in garbage out and must have a synergy with rest of system.
the new Pure Music demo sounds much better to me than the Ammarra demo, I `ll get the Pure Music for 79.00 and skip the Amarra for 295.00, I do the Dac later. I like what I hear from Pure Music.