Surge protection, have you tried?

For example, the inexpensive plug-ins sold at commercial hardware stores (usually rated at 1800 watt, 1080 Joule). Has anyone tried them and noticed a degradation in sound? I ask because my power conditioners do not provide surge protection.
psag
Yes there is substantial sound degradation. If you need surge protection with the least degradation I suggest Brickwall. The fact that they don't use MOVs also is a plus. There were times I thought my system sounded better through the Brickwall. Often my system would continue playing through various midwest thunderstorms when APC-based protected video systems throughout the house would struggle. Now, I have dedicated circuits and no protection or conditioning. I recommend Brickwall products without hesitation.
I use a FURMAN SS-6B PRO SURGE SUPPRESSOR, the kind of power strip a band will use on stage. Made of steel, won't melt like some of those plastic strips you are referring to. I don't notice any audible difference between using the strip or the amp plugged directly into the wall outlet.

to Mt10425...the Brickwall looks good. Is the difference that Furman sends the AC surge to ground and Brickwall sends it to neutral? I am not an EE, just interested.